Friday, January 05, 2007

Getting ready for tomorrow

Tomorrow is going to be such a big day. First I'm going to get to meet Derby and Speedy and Sadie at Derby's house. There we will relax a bit and get some advice from Derby on how to treat a lady properly since he is such a good sweetheart cat to Princess Mia Bella. Then we are heading over to meet George, Max, Misty, and of course, Tipper. I am extremely nervous. I spent today doing a lot of bathing and I asked Mom to trim my claws. I've even been wearing my collar all week. It's a new black one, and Mom says it makes me look very handsome. I still have to blog about my collar adventures, but since Tipper wears her collar and it looks so pretty on her, I want to show her that I am a mature cat and leave my collar on. Usually it's off very quickly and then I destroy it before Mom finds it... but those days are over... well for now anyway. But I digress.

Harlie is doing better. It seems she fought off the cold we thought she was getting. She did extra napping the past few days, and now she's back to her normal self with no more gooey eyes or runny nose and her usual boundless energy. But she won't be accompanying me because now Mom is quite sick and Harlie will stay back with her. I offered to stay home, but Mom insisted that I go. She told me that I should get lots of rest because tomorrow will be a very exciting day. She also said I could bring a few kitty treats with me when I go. Even though Tipper and Misty are being very thorough in their preparations, Mom says it's not polite to go emptyhanded. So Tipper, I'm bringing you some of my favorite treats. My Grandma bought them at a special store that makes homemade treats and they are very good. And of course we will share!

For now I'm going to rest well in the bottom floor of our two bedroom condo with a roofdeck. I hope I do well tomorrow and don't make a fool of myself. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

I'z bringing a sprig of mom's home groon catnip. Sadie sez it's good etiket to bring sumfing too. It's good to haf a big sisfur gerl kitty to help me wif dis stuff~Speedy

Daisy said...

Mattingly, I know you will do well! I am so excited for you. Good luck, and be sure to tell us all about it!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mattingly.Yet I know you'll do okay just be yourself and you can't lose.

Anonymous said...

you're wonderful - we're sure she'll love you!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Mattingly, you won't make a fool of yourself. you're such a nice dude!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mattingly,
how wuz yer trip to derby'z?
luv--jh

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

I'm tired frum todays aktifities. I'll let yoo tell all about our trip to Derby's and the crew first. Mom stopped by to check on us all afore going off to the reception for this big wedding she is in today. She'll probably come home real late and sleep half the day away tomorrow. *sigh*I just wish she would stay here with us.~Speedy