Thursday, March 02, 2006

Festival of Feet

OK Everyone! You can read the comments section below for my final word on prevous posts. Now... let's move on! I missed out on the pawtrait contest over at 2 Carolina Cats. It was mostly Mom's fault. I tend to miss out on a lot of the fun stuff that goes on in our little kitty community (we did really enjoy looking at all the paws though... my Mom is a paw lover). Anyway, in the spirit of talking about paws and all of that, we thought we would share with you a phenomenon that Mom and Dad like to call "Too Many Feet". It occurs when a kitty lays down to go to sleep and just doesn't seem to know what to do with all their feet. Turtling (that's me doing a turtle on the fish tank a few months ago) is a sensible way to handle your feet, as is stretching out or laying on your side. But Mom and Dad think when I lay like this I look silly. The bottom one is Mom's favorite. I really think Mom picks on me so much because she can only dream of being this flexible.


You can see that the bottoms of my feet are both pink and gray. This worried Mom at first because she thought the gray was dirtiness in my pads that wouldn't go away from when I was on the street. So she was happy to see that lots of other kitties have multi-colored feet too! Anyone else ever have too many feet?

10 comments:

The Crew said...

Oh yes, we 3 have both pink and colored pads on our feet. Then when we all sleep together, Mom can't tell whose feet are whose. Talk about too many feet!! Hahahaha

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I have all pink toe leathers, but Mittens has black and pink toe leathers. Mom loves cat feet too, and she is always kissing them. Yes, we have trouble with too many, esp. Mittens whose feet are gineormous.

Mom says to tell you, she has no picher of her making me do a "Wonder Woman" cuz her is the picher taker, not Dad, and Dad does not approve of this flying thing! I dont approve either, but, what can a kitty do? She spreads me out as long as I can get and flies me around, singing the Wonder Woman song, and then her laughs and laughs.......Disgusting!!!

Kukka-Maria said...

Brach and I have pink pads, although I do have some gray spots. My mom thought it was ink at first and looked all over for a broken pen.

Silly humans...

jenianddean said...

I've slept many different ways, but that bottom one is really something else!
--Jasper

Anonymous said...

I "turtle" all the time - but my sister's name is turtle, not mine! Go figure.

~ nala

Just Ducky said...

I am happy you weren't in the pawtrait contest. Another kittie with white paws to get wrong.

Ivan from WMD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ivan from WMD said...

I have black toes and so does Caroline. Eddie has medium pink toes. My mom loves all our toes, but I know that she really likes Olivia's, because they're pale pink and light grey. And the tops of her feet are all speckly, too!

I had trouble with the float, but I hope next year things will go better. Maybe you can ride on it with me!

(That deletion was me before--speaking of toes, mine kinda got in the way!)

meemsnyc said...

awww, mattingly, the foto with your feet dangling is adorable.

Petey said...

I don't have too many feets. I have too many furs in my feets and so does my bruddy Punkin. It's good on cold days 'cause we have hard floors.