Harlie has been doing a lot of the blogging lately, and now it is my turn. This is thirteen things about me in response to the tag I received ages ago to list 7 things about me. I'm just going to do a baker's dozen instead.
1. I am the first cat my Dad ever lived with.
2. I am really quite shy with new humans. I usually don't introduce myself until they have been to our home at least five or six times.
3. Probably only 10 people have ever pet me because of my shyness.
4. Before Harlie came along, I used to lick my Mom's face extensively at least a few times a week. I haven't given her more than a few licks once or twice on the face since Harlie has been here.
5. If Mom or Dad comes into the bedroom and I am sleeping on the bed, I am very happy when they come over to give me some love. However, if the other one enters the room, I will quickly get up and leave. I am easily overwhelmed, even by Mom and Dad.
6. There isn't anywhere you can't pet me. However, I love chin and neck pets the most.
7. You will rarely hear me purr. I do purr alot, but my purr is better felt rather than heard. When I am REALLY happy though, I purr loudly through my nose, almost like a snore or something. Otherwise, there is nothing to hear.
8. I do not like to have my nails trimmed. Mom has to hold me while Dad trims, but I don't try to get away. I sit patiently until I feel Mom starting to put me down, then I RUN!
9. I have a very distinct "meow" when I'm bored, and I use it every night. Right around 11 or 11:30pm when I am ready to play, and Harlie isn't, I run around saying "Mrow-ow-ow-ow-ow!" and the top of my lungs. Eventually, Harlie comes to play with me.
10. My favorite toys are feathers, foil crinkle balls, catnip-filled toys, and whatever I manage to knock off the desk or coffee table.
11. I keep a pretty tight schedule. I sleep in different places depending on the time of day, and those places and the order I visit them almost never change. I know exactly when dinner should be and always arrive 20 minutes early. I am energetic at the same times every night.
12. I am very careful when I play. I never use my teeth or my claws, even by accident. I have never scratched Harlie, though she has scratched me a few times when she gets over-excited.
13. I'm not a fan of my collar. I tolerate it most times, but when I can get it off, I chew the clasp until it is broken. I have tried to free Harlie from her collar by chewing the clasp while she is still wearing it, but it doesn't bother her to wear it, and I've only successfully gotten her collar off her once.