1. Skeezix is a mancat who knows his way around the litterbox. He has always been open and honest about his sometimes embarrassing literbox issues (e.g. sqwerts, poopy-toes, etc.) and that is the kind of honesty and openness we think is key for a Mr. Litterbox to have. Skeezix is a great example (or ixample) for other kitties who may have embarrassing waste issues... he shows that you can still be one cool cat!
2. Further on the subject of litterboxes... Skeezix has received messages in his!! While the true meaning of the messages has not yet been revealed, can any other contestant claim such a phenomenon?
3. There could be no more enthusiastic contestant than Skeezix. When the Miss Litterbox 2007 contest was announced, Skeezix expressed interest in participating right away. And since he couldn't, waited patiently for the Mr. Litterbox competition. He then blogged about it for pretty much a week while he prepared his entries.
4. Much like any other pageant, the winner should be charitable. While several of the other kitties entered have been extremely charitable, Skeezix has really gone above and beyond, especially in the last six months or so. He has given away many sponsorships to Best Friends, and has promoted and held several fundraisers for fellow kitty-bloggers in need.
5. Aside from just charity, Skeezix is giving in many other ways... putting together generous prize packages for winners of the several contests he's held, and even sending out presents to other cats on his own birthday! This kind of generosity is a key trait in a Mr. Litterbox winner.
6. Skeezix is extremely personable (catable?) and well-liked, another very important quality. Everyone knows about Skeezix. He has inspired many cats to begin blogs of their own, and also is often the first (or one of the first) to welcome new bloggers into the blogosphere. And let us not forget the help site he has set up to help all cat bloggers, new and old, make their blog all they would like it to be!
7. Skeezix further gives to the catblogging community by being an official repurrter for the Catblogosphere Blog.
8. Skeezix is an ambassador, working to bring together the catblogging community and the Catster community. Several Catster cats have started blogs, and several blogging cats now have profiles on Catster.
9. Skeezix is greatly concerned about public health, as is clear with his Vishus Deer Neighborhood Watch Group (on Catster). He provides the forum for cats to share information about this terrible threat... how to recognize threats, how to minimize threats, and how to deal with the threats. This is important for everyone!
10. And if you want to be superficial (such as the categories for Mr. Litterbox call for), Skeezix has it there too. He has KILLER style (no one can argue that), he cuts a great form (very thin, yet strong... his mussel definition is clear), and he is one extremely talented kitty. All of the above reasons outline some of his talents, and he is always discovering new ones... whether it be licking his eyebrows, driving the red masheen, narrating his stroles around the neighborhood, or wooing the lady cats, Skeez is super talented.
So the post ended up long and wordy, but that's often the way with Harlie and I. We hope you'll take the time to stop by the contest and
VOTE FOR SKEEZIX
We hope we haven't hurt any other contestants' feelings. It really is nothing personal!